We agree that branding is the most important key to embed the business IM software to the working environment much better and intergrate it within a company's identity, existing servises and software. But another question is: what is an ease of the branding, what is time and cost to get the client-side corporate messengers branded with a company's logo/image?
There are several ways that are usually provided by software vendors to their customers:
- Custom installation packages of the software that are already branded with a customer's image.
- Manual deployment of the branding to the end-user messengers including copying files, configuring settings, etc.
- Supporting on-the-fly deployment of the brand logo that is uploaded on a central IM server to get visible in the connected messengers.
Bopup Communication Server provides a functionality for the on-the-fly branding, it allows to upload an image and set an URL that will be open when a user clicks on the logo in the messenger. The steps below describe how that is quick and easy:
1. Start the Management Console and go to the "IM Client Updates & Branding" view.
2. Scroll down to the Branding and click "Upload new brand logo" link.
3. Browse a BMP file you want to upload as a brand logo. You can also enter a custom URL to associate it with the image. The URL can be internet/extranet link started with the 'http://', 'https://' or 'www.', link to a network resource with '\\' prefix or to a local file with 'file://'.
4. Currently uploaded logo is shown in the preview of Bopup Messenger client.
You can also refer to the online help of the Bopup Communication Server product at IM Client Updates & Branding to see how the Branding feature looks in the console.